Wednesday 4 July 2012

That Familiar Stranger


I just happened to have stumbled across this while i was looking over some of my old notes, this is back from a time when i was somewhat of a poet. Not really into much literature just a knack for rhyming a couple of words, never really stuck through with it but this was probably one of my best works, it wasn't written with anyone in mind but there was a little bit of hope that someday someone might just fit the bill. So let me know what you guys think (apologies for the use of short forms and flimsy grammar, like i said, not really a piece from Wordsworth's finest, just a bucket load of me) 





The days were rough n the nights were cold ,
no shoulder to cry on , n no hand to hold .
As I stood in defeat , my spirit was in pain ,
n deep inside i knew nothing would be OK ever again .

there was no hope, I had lost all heart ,
was it even possible to make a new start ?
Disappointment seemed to be the order of the day ,
Life seemed terrible , there was no use to stay.

But just when it looked like everything was lost ,
i heard a sweet voice through the chilling frost .
Her smile was as fresh as the as the morning dew ,
what i was going through , i think she knew .

who is this person ? from where did she come ?
now my heart was beating like a marching drum.
she looked like an angel , could it really be true ?
she came closer n i could see that her eyes were blue.

Could i have been dreaming ? had i gone mad ?
then she held my hand n asked with a smile " why so sad ?"
it could'nt be a dream , i just knew that it was real ,
it was impossible to explain just what i did feel.

She said " night is darkest just before dawn,
so stop feeling helpless ,u are no little fawn .
life can sometimes be harsh n it can break u down,
but u must learn to face it , don't just sit n frown.

Difficulties come n will eventually go away ,
but ur willingness to fight is whats gonna stay".
she was then gone as suddenly as she came,
i knew that my life would never be the same.

I saw her again the following night ,
her hair sparkling in the moon's silver light .
We sat on the grass n with her i could share my pain,
She listened with care although she had nothing to gain.

After she came i could feel the change in my life,
i no longer felt that my neck was under the knife.
i never got all that i wanted but realized i had everything i needed.
therefore to her caring words i always heeded .

I was living in a dream , i had found true joy ,
i felt like a kid who just got his favorite toy .
My helplessness now to me seemed strange ,
I felt all my dreams were now within range .

Days turned to months n then before u know ,
One day her smile was lost n she said " my job is done i have to go ".
That day to her a silent promise i had made ,
no matter what happens my hope shall never fade .

It has been many winters since we first met ,
but those were moments i will never forget .
I searched for her through every culture n media ,
finally found what i was looking for on Wikipedia .

The PC opened the web page with a mind of its own ,
n i was shocked to see what it had shown ,
On that page was a message addressed to me ,
telling just what she wanted me to see ....

It read " sry for leaving that way , but saying goodbye was just too hard ,
we shall meet some day, until then i am sending u a gift , along with my card ".
Just then i looked down to see a blue rose petal in my fist ,
looked up again to see the msg" This page does not exist" .

The petal was her card , the gift i never found ,
i had searched very hard but it was just not around .
It took me some time but i did finally figure out ,
I already had the gift that she was talking bout.

She had left me her heart, i could feel it beat ,
n the very realization of it threw me off my seat.
This was the change that she brought to my life ,
her love was the tonic that had ended my strife .

Why did she help me ? what did she gain ?
why was she the only one able to feel my pain ?
These are answers that only she could give ,
but her memories are all that i needed to live .

Good ppl r rare,out of a hundred u could only find seven,
but not many can brag bout meeting an angel from heaven .

No comments:

Post a Comment